Search This Blog

Monday, May 12, 2014

Day 13: FINALLY all feeling better, Family Fun Day at the Zoo Safari

First of all, we are ALL feeling much, much better! I'm finally able to keep food in my system and I'm maintaining my weight. The gluten reaction is finally done after 3 1/2 days, which came on the heels of a bad virus, but I had energy yesterday to walk 5 miles at the zoo!

Ok, if you are going to Guangzhou with a 3 to 12 year old, do not skip the zoo safari! SO cool! We were SO pleasantly surprised. It is on a huge piece of land and the vegetation itself is breathtaking, I felt like it was Papua New Guinea, but with more bamboo. Cara loved the safari!!! Katie loved the snuggling. :)


I'm holding 62 pounds of sweethearts right there!


Always holding hands
Watching the bears

Hippos! Up close and personal!

The animated, interactive Dinosaur park was REALLY cool, all the dinosaurs moved and were life sized, this one lifted it's head and opened it's frills, and squirted you!

Hi birdies, don't poop on us!


Feeding leaves to the giraffes!
We held these two in an Ergo and stroller and without, in every possible sweaty combination, for 5 hours, lol. Here's Daddy being AWESOME!

Even Katie-bug enjoyed feeding the giraffes!

Posing (and signing "grass" without knowing it, lol)

They love to wrestle!


A highlight for us, a playdate in the playroom with our friends, the Fouche's and their son, Trey, from Katie's orphanage. It was such a blessing to get to talk and listen and be understood! 

Today, in an hour or so, we go to the U.S. Consulate and we take a group oath with the Fouches and many other adopting families that about the veracity of her U.S. Visa application. They will then add her U.S. Visa to her passport in the next 36 hours, so that Thursday we can fly home. Honestly, I'm really loving this part of the trip now that I'm feeling better. I get to just focus on my girls. I will be posting some guidelines and adoption philosophies we'll be trying. "Cocooning" and attachment guidelines...
For now, I can't wait to spend another day with my sweet family!


No comments:

Post a Comment